Thursday, March 10, 2005

I have no idea where my money went. I really haven't. Looked in my wallet to buy a drink last night, and I was out. I must have spent a few quid celebrating Liverpool beating Bayer Laverkusen, but that does not account for the whole £50 I got out on Monday morning. Meetings all week, I guess I have bought lunch & tea out a few times, and maybe I bought people drinks too.
Bit of a shock though - just when I though this challenge was getting easier. I stopped thinking about what I was doing, and I have spent my £50 in three days.
We were talking about how we tend to be a bit delusional about how much money we actually spend, and imagine it is considerably less than it actually is. We forget to include the things we stick on the card, the one off things like shoes or clothes which actually come up far more than we imagine.
Actually I have just remembered a big chunk of cash has gone on food - had people round, no time to cook properly, got pizza in. Duh. Can't do that on this budget. Still that is only part of the problem. Generally not thinking what I am doing is the major issue.
No cash for my day off tomorrow. Sounds like fun!

2 comments:

Mark Fletcher said...

I actually had a really nice day off - not totally cash free - but pretty frugal. I took a couple of hours and sat in soho square and drew. Creative and inexpensive!

"Shopping is not creating"
Douglas Coupland

Anonymous said...

The Famous 3 Kings and Brains SA brewery have unfortunatley taken most of my spending money this week, but I don't care! What price can you put on celebrating a Grand Slam? (It feels good, by the way Steve!). Now that we have waited 27 years for a Grand Slam, I'm now expecting several to come in quick succession... CYMRU AM BYTH!