Monday, November 07, 2005

Paul - A new play by Howard Brenton



"Taking the remarkable life and moral teachings of this profound religious thinker, Howard Brenton explores the extraordinary phenomenon of faith. While offering a secular reading of the story of Christ’s resurrection, at the play’s heart Paul preaches from his Letter to the Corinthians, the eloquence of which cannot fail to move."

The Creative communications homegroup went to see the play last week, and they found it somewhat provocative. Stavs has recounted one of the pivotal moments which you can read here. What do you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think mark fletcher has a great blog! I've been surfing around everywhere and just love to read all this stuff. I don't have a blog to contribute to but found a place where you can get a free target gift card. I think they are limiting it so you may wanna hurry on over. the site is Target Gift Card Keep up the great work, I love Blogger!!!

Anonymous said...

i cant really tell if it sucked from the transcript... it looks like it might have but it would depend on direction and acting. however. my heart is warmed when christians make the effort to engage with the arts outside of church. and it is good to hear that in some corners the bible is a living breathing document up for debate and interpretation. i may not agree with this one but i think the process is a healthy one... how about the people who went what did you think? worth watching?

Mark Fletcher said...

That first comment is obviously blogger spam - we get a couple of those a week, but that one is really clever - to include my name and the jesus reference! So Ithought I would not delete it, just because it made me chortle.

Anonymous said...

like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»